Addicting! This slow-cooking honey-made meatball chicken is made of chicken and is easy to put together! There are only ten simple components and they come together! If you change the homemade dumplings to frozen remade, you can do it even faster!
- 2 pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder AND onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13-ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle honey chipotle barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon EACH: red pepper flakes AND garlic powder
- PREP: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil; set aside.
- MIX: In a large bowl, add the eggs, panko, seasonings and combine, then add the meat and mix. Using a 1 tablespoon measuring scoop, measure and roll out the meatballs, about 50-60. Place on baking sheets and bake for 9 minutes.
- SLOW COOKER: In a large measuring cup, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Spray the insert of a 3-quart slow cooker (or larger) with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in one-third of the sauce. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. And cover with the remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir gently after the first hour. Sprinkle with chopped green onions or parsley before serving if desired.