This Easy Meatloaf is a favorite in my house. When we want a compassionate, super moist and totally delicious meatball, we always use the recipe!
- 1 large onion finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs I used Panko
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup barbecue sauce I used Guy Fieri’s Sweet and Smoky Kansas Style BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Grate the onion (if not using chopped) in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and the milk and stir it together. Add the rest of the ingredients but only add about 3/4 cup of the barbecue sauce to the meat mixture. Mix the entire meat mixture really well using your hands or a spoon.
- Add the meat mixture to the prepared loaf pan and shape it into a loaf. Brush with the remaining barbecue sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes or until done. Best way to tell when a meatloaf is done is to use an instant-read thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the meatloaf and when it reaches 160 degrees F, it’s done.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing into it.
Note: Video is missing Worcestershire sauce, please add that to the recipe.
To get that gravy that you can see in the video that I’m drizzling over the meatloaf, all I did was mix the pan juices with some more BBQ sauce and it’s to die for!
Tip: Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet as you bake the meatloaf so as not to get your oven dirty.
Serve this over creamy mashed potatoes.
Nutrition: Nutritional information assumes 8 servings for the meatloaf. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 386kcal (19%)Carbohydrates: 27g (9%)Protein: 24g (48%)Fat: 19g (29%)Saturated Fat: 7g (44%)Cholesterol: 98mg (33%)Sodium: 845mg (37%)Potassium: 518mg (15%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 14g (16%)Vitamin A: 150IU (3%)Vitamin C: 8mg (10%)Calcium: 67mg (7%)Iron: 2.8mg (16%)