Like…what is that this. It may be the best factor ever. Wrap your minds round this, individuals – you might be consuming a chocolate peanut butter swirl bar, however WAIT. It has a bunch of quinoa loaded up in there too.
That’s proper. Popped quinoa. In your chocolate bar. What is that this life…I’m diggin’ it.
Likelihood is excessive that you’re sitting there saying “Uncooked quinoa in my chocolate bar? No thanks – I thiiiiink I’ll move.” Simply maintain your horses there, alright? It’s not uncooked quinoa – it’s popped quinoa. By no means heard of it? Get able to expertise the best factor your eyeballs have ever seen.
You place about 1/four cup of dry quinoa in a heavy bottomed pot and let it pop, pop, pop away. It’s fairly a satisfying and comforting noise, really. Sort of like a crackling hearth.
As soon as your cute little quinoa have popped their lovable little faces off, you switch them to a bowl and get every part else prepared. They remodel from the onerous, inedible uncooked grain to crunchy, nutty little morsels that go gloriously with the chocolate and peanut butter bars.
It’s real love.
So, listed here are your tremendous easy steps:
- Pop your quinoa
- Soften your chocolate
- Add each of these issues to a bowl together with some vanilla and PB2 (peanut butter powder – nonetheless actual peanuts, simply means much less of the fats content material. I ❤️ greater than life).
- Stir collectively.
- Unfold out on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Swirl in additional peanut butter (additionally made with PB2).
- Refrigerate and slice when agency.
However for reals I like them like Boone loves his frisbee.
On one other observe…I began work right this moment – summer time break is ooooovvvvaaaaaaa. WHAT HAPPENED. I really feel like summer time break began two weeks in the past. Don’t get me fallacious, I like my job and I’m tremendous excited to see all my college students once more…however WHAT HAPPENNEEDDDDDD. Quickest summer time ever.
The truth that academics get a summer time break within the first place is so boss, although. I imply, who ever will get three months off work?? It’s so superior. Once more, that isn’t to say that all of us don’t love our jobs, however nonetheless – my job could possibly be petting puppies all day and I’d nonetheless be pumped about three months off.
Going into this 12 months of educating is so totally different than final 12 months, although. Final 12 months was my first 12 months of educating, so I used to be so nervous and felt like I had zero concept what I used to be moving into. And, the icing on the cake, I knew Seth was deploying quickly after the varsity 12 months began, so I used to be dreading that from the get go. This time round? I really feel like I do know what I’m doing far more, AND I do know that Seth might be right here all 12 months! Such a relieving truth.
Additionally…you understand what the top of summer time means…?
- four 4oz semi-sweet chocolate bars (I used Baker’s), chopped into small items (16 oztotal)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of PB2
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- For the peanut butter drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2½ tablespoons PB2
- Warmth a big, heavy bottomed pot over medium-medium/excessive warmth. Let it warmth up for a number of minutes earlier than including any quinoa
- Add the quinoa ¼ cup at a time (so you should have 4 batches to pop). Let it sit within the backside of the pot, swirling sometimes, till you begin to hear gentle popping, after which swirl it consistently for a couple of minute till the popping has subsided barely. Ensure you take it off earlier than it will get brown (this could occur tremendous quick). You don’t need it something previous a toasty golden colour
- As soon as all of your quinoa is popped, put aside in a small bowl
- Soften your chopped chocolate in a double boiler
- Add your melted chocolate, quinoa, PB2, and vanilla to a bowl – combine to totally mix
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unfold your chocolate quinoa combination throughout the highest – you DON’T must unfold the combination throughout all the baking sheet or will probably be too skinny. Simply kind a square-ish form within the center. Thickness is as much as you – however I made mine about ½ inch thick
- In a small bowl, stir collectively your peanut butter drizzle. Drizzle this everywhere in the prime of your chocolate and quinoa, after which – utilizing a knife – swirl it round gently
- Pop in your fridge for no less than an hour (or till completely agency) earlier than slicing. I maintain mine within the fridge as soon as they’re sliced, however the counter works, too!