This Instant Pot BBQ Pork Rib falls from a delicious Whiskey BBQ sauce to the bone tender, delicious and super sticky. But most of all, they’il be at your table in an hour!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Barbecue Pork Ribs
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page.
Ribs – Baby back pork ribs are what we use today. Worth two shelves.
Apple Juice – We need liquid to make sure it works really well in our pressure cooker. Do not worry about washing dry cleaning water!
Apple Cider Vinegar – We need some friends in our ribs and apple cider vinegar is the best for it. It also softens your meat chemically when cooking. It replaces white vinegar.
Liquid Smoke – This component has a smoky flavor that is all good BBQ.
Sugar – We want to make sure our bush is a little sweet and the taste of this complex molasses brown sugar is what we want most.
Spices – Salt and pepper! Salty and rubbed well.
Spices – Dried mustard, onion powder, cumin, smoked pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper are thoroughly mixed. These ingredients are the key to our great taste.
Whiskey BBQ Sauce
BBQ sauce – we use a store, we will improve further!
Ketchup – A little sweetness, a little acidity, simple old ketchup pork ribs are perfect for BBQ sauce.
Whiskey – The star of this sauce will offer beautiful depth and vanilla notes of sauce. Don’t worry about picking something too fancy.
Brown sugar – We want to carry this sweet molasses flavor in our whole BBQ Pork Rib recipe.
Worcestershire sauce – Some delicious umami delicacies.
Liquid smoke – Since we don’t actually drink these ribs, we want to ensure that fake smoke is used at every step.
For Dry Rub
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (about 3 to 4 lbs)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
For BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce store bought
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- Prepare the dry rub by combining all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a paper towel.
- Season the baby back ribs with the dry rub generously on both sides.
- Place the ribs inside the Instant Pot, standing up and wrapping around the Instant Pot.
- Pour the apple juice, apple cider vinegar and liquid smoke inside the Instant pot, no need to stir. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer’s guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Potto the Meat/Stew setting and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Potcycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 15 minutes. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
- While the ribs are cooking prepare the BBQ sauce. In a small saucepan add all the BBQ sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer on low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, the sauce should reduce a bit.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Potand place them onto a baking sheet. Brush them generously with the prepared BBQ sauce on both sides and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Keep the door to your oven open while broiling the ribs and keep an eye on them, because they could burn quickly.
- Serve with leftover BBQ sauce.
I strongly recommend reading the manufacturer’s guide for instructions on how to use your Instant Pot before attempting this recipe.
If stored properly in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil, these ribs will last 3 – 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze this recipe, for 2 – 3 months wrapped tightly in foil before thawing in the microwave or in cold water. Reheat in the oven and slather in sauce.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 491kcal (25%)Carbohydrates: 36g (12%)Protein: 33g (66%)Fat: 20g (31%)Saturated Fat: 4g (25%)Cholesterol: 125mg (42%)Sodium: 1072mg (47%)Potassium: 850mg (24%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 29g (32%)Vitamin A: 825IU (17%)Vitamin C: 2.6mg (3%)Calcium: 75mg (8%)Iron: 2.5mg (14%)