Honey Sriracha Baked Chicken Breast – A full of flavor, sweet and spicy baked Chicken Breast, coated with the most delicious Honey Sriracha glaze. The first bite deludes you with flavor-laden, sauce and sticky astonishment.
FOR THE HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE
- 1/4cup Sriracha Sauce or Hot Chili Sauce, (you can also use sweet chili sauce)
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon white vinegar
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 3cloves garlic, minced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4(1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper,to taste
- 1/2teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine sriracha sauce, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a small mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, and dried basil.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken breasts to previously prepared baking dish.
- Pour prepared honey-sriracha sauce over the chicken breasts, turning chicken over so to cover each chicken breast entirely.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size/thickness of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from oven and spoon out about 3 tablespoons of the sauce into a small cup. Whisk in the cornstarch; whisk until well combined.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry back into the baking dish and put chicken back in the oven; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serve with lime wedges.