This easy, healthy Salmon in Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce goes from pan to table in 30 minutes. He has a meal your whole family wants to swallow and a great dinner on weekdays.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend or combination or dried thyme, basil, oregano and parsley
- 1/2 cup juliened sun dried tomatoes (they come in a jar packed with oil, be sure to drain excess oil)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half OR heavy cream (use heavy cream for a thicker, creamier sauce!)
- grated parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, cracked black pepper for topping optional
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste on both sides. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted stir in honey. Add salmon to pan and cook 4-6 minutes on each side until caramelized around the edges and cooked through the center. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, half and half or heavy cream, and 2/3 cup parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and continue to stir periodically until thickened and creamy (5-7 minutes).
- Return salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over the salmon. Top with cracked black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, fresh herbs if desired, and serve.