These wholesome oatmeal cookies are tender, chewy and irresistible! Bursting with carrot cake taste, these cookies are tremendous simple to make and style superb!
Moist and candy, these Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are the right little dessert for Spring, and even Easter brunch!
In addition to, these little treats are a lot easier than making an entire carrot cake.
Fact be informed, come Easter, I at all times attain for a slice of carrot cake slathered with cream cheese frosting… You, too, proper? I imply, we’re simply people, for Pete’s sake, we gotta have cake!
Clearly, this ain’t no cake, however on this recipe we’re going to introduce carrot cake to oatmeal cookies. Form of wholesome, verrrry simple, and actually actually scrumptious! YAY!
Paying homage to my Apple Oatmeal Cookies, these cookies are filled with hearty oats, cozy spices, and plenty of taste.
INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT CAKE OATMEAL COOKIES
- Brown Sugar
- salt and baking soda
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- Walnuts are non-compulsory
- powdered sugar, for the glaze
- pineapple juice, for the glaze
HOW DO YOU MAKE CARROT CAKE OATMEAL COOKIES?
My FAVORITE a part of this recipe is that you just solely want one mixing bowl and a cookie sheet or sheet pan.
- You first need to mix butter and brown sugar in your mixer’s bowl and cream the combination; add the eggs and beat till mixed.
- Then, utilizing a wood spoon, you’ll add in the remainder of the substances; shredded carrots, oats, flour, spices, and walnuts.
- To bake the cookies, preheat oven to 375F.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches aside onto ready cookie sheets and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes, or till cookies are set.
- As soon as the cookies have cooled down, mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl and whisk collectively till mixed
Drizzle glaze over the cookies; let set, then serve.
I’ve made a ton of variations of those cookies for us as a result of they arrive collectively actually quick and are nice for mornings, particularly once we are on the go.
…and that’s like, day-after-day, to be trustworthy. I at all times handle to snooze the alarm clock 5 instances.
The skin of the cookie is barely crunchy, which I LOVE, and the within is moist, tender, and chewy. Additionally, the pineapple-flavored glaze is simply PERFECT!
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 3/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2cups finely shredded carrots
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger (add more if you like)
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 1tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and pineapple juice.
- Stir until just blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.