Take pleasure in this simple to make Greek impressed Layered Hummus Dip with tons of taste and a terrific mixture of textures; excellent for entertaining!
This pretty layered hummus dip is totally excellent for informal entertaining. Simply assembled with store-bought comfort meals, there’s no cooking concerned (except you depend toasting the pine nuts for five minutes!) This multi-purpose dip is a good starter to your Greek themed banquet but additionally doubles as a primary course add-on. It’s terrific smeared on all the things from pitas, chips, greens and even your primary course Grilled Greek Chicken kabobs. Our layered hummus dip is simply the factor to carry the chicken and greens on a Greek pita pizza or Gyro sandwich too.
Great for entertaining! Enjoy this easy dip with a terrific combination of flavors and textures. Serve with hearty chips, pita wedges, cucumber slices or your favorite vegetables
- 1 17-ounce container prepared hummus *
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt **
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch English cucumber pieces (seeded before diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers ***
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- pita bread pita wedges or baked pita chips
- cucumber slices
- use as a spread on sandwiches
- Spread the hummus on a shallow serving tray or plate. Dollop the yogurt on top, then carefully spread to cover the hummus, leaving a border showing through.
- In a small bowl combine the cucumber, peppers, olives, onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly over the yogurt. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the vegetables then top with toasted pine nuts. Drizzle the dip with a little extra olive oil. Serve immediately.