Air Fryer Chicken Breast – A simple method of how to make juicy, super tender and wonderfully delicious chicken breast in the Air Fryer! This essential Air Fryer chicken breast recipe can be prepared quickly, healthy and ahead of time.
- 4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil cooking spray, you can also use butter cooking spray, OR avocado oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, OPTIONAL – keep in mind that the chicken will have absorbed some of the salt from the salted water.
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or any other dried herbs that you want to use
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup or a mixing bowl combine warm water and salt; stir, then pour over chicken breasts. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- In the meantime, stir together salt (optional), ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Take each chicken breast out of the brine and rinse under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray chicken breasts with cooking oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend evenly over the chicken breasts and rub in on all sides.
- Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts in the Air Fryer basket. Make sure that there’s enough space between the breasts to ensure even cooking.
- Cook at 375˚F for 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip chicken over and continue to cook for 5 to 6 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Please use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove chicken breasts from Air Fryer basket and let rest on a cutting board for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Air fryers and cook times may vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Always use an Instant Read Thermometer to make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through.
- DO NOT OVERCROWD the Air Fryer basket. If you stuff the air fryer, the food will steam rather than roast or crisp up.
- Always turn your food or shake the basket to ensure even cooking.
- Store cooked chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge, or freeze for up to 3 months.