Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Blondies are crunchy, chewy, gooey and so scrumptious! A brilliant straightforward blondie recipe that’s made in a single bowl and so good for the vacation celebrations.
I really like cookies so it’s no massive shock I actually love blondies, too. Blondies are mainly simply gooey cookie bars, in any case! However they’re even simpler than baking cookies. As a result of all you need to do is mix the ingredients, scrape the batter right into a pan, and bake! And on the earth of baking, it actually doesn’t get a lot simpler than that.
At the moment’s model new recipe for blondies options toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and lots of chocolate. The batter is flavored with vanilla, a touch of cinnamon, and slightly sea salt, too! They’re thick and gooey and SO good with a giant scoop of ice cream. Chocolate ice cream, if you happen to’re a real chocoholic like me
- You solely want a handful of primary ingredients to bake these thick and chewy chocolate cranberry walnut blondies! Particularly, you’ll want: butter, brown sugar, an egg, vanilla, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, walnut, cranberries, and chocolate. That’s it! And I guess you could have most of these ingredients in your kitchen proper now… am I proper?! I hope I’m so you may bake these as we speak.
- So far as the chocolate goes, it’s possible you’ll use any selection you’d like; I feel milk chocolate, darkish chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and even white chocolate can be scrumptious on this blondie recipe. And you’ll undoubtedly use chocolate chips if you happen to don’t have bars of chocolate available.
- You’ll want dried cranberries for this recipe. Recent cranberries is not going to work on this recipe. However if you happen to can’t discover dried cranberries, be at liberty to make use of dried cherries of their place.
- Not a walnut fan? Strive subbing hazelnuts or pecans! Or omit all of them collectively if you happen to’re allergic.
- Really feel like kicking the flavour profile up a notch? Brown the butter earlier than including it to the batter! I normally do that as a result of I’m a brown butter fanatic, however it’s completely optionally available.
- Assembling this blondie recipe is critically so easy! And since it is a one bowl baking venture, it’s not very messy both. You’ll merely mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Then whisk within the egg. Then mainly whisk in every part else! Really, I recommend you fold in your walnuts, cranberries, and chocolate. However that’s straightforward, too! Simply use a rubber spatula or no matter type you could have in your kitchen. Even a picket spoon might work.
- I selected to bake my blondies in a loaf pan pan as a result of this technique yields SUPER thick and crispy edges and intensely delicate (learn: gooey!) facilities, however you may also use an 8-inch sq. baking pan for a extra uniformly even blondie. So you could have choices!
- Don’t over bake your blondies! Once you pull them from the oven they might look slightly wiggly wobbly within the heart… however don’t fret as a result of this a very good factor. The chocolate cranberry walnut blondies will agency up an important deal throughout the cooling course of. Plus, I’m fairly positive nobody has ever complained of a gooey blondie earlier than.
- Should you’d like your blondies to be further fairly, press just a few chunks of chocolate on prime as quickly as they arrive out of the oven. Then press just a few walnuts and cranberries on prime. And at last, sprinkle on slightly sea salt. All of that is excessive and optionally available! However I do it… so I wished to share in case you need to, too.
- Okay, so right here’s the take care of cooling these blondies: the longer you cool them, the higher they’ll slice. So in order for you very clear and agency cookie bars, I recommend letting them cool utterly within the pan earlier than slicing. However if you happen to’re like me and don’t actually care about how they appear, be at liberty to chop after simply 15 minutes of cooling within the pan. They’ll be slightly messy… however nonetheless so gooey and scrumptious. The selection is yours!
Between events, potlucks, and cookie exchanges, I’ve a sense these chocolate cranberry walnut blondies will probably be in heavy rotation this vacation season! However they’re really easy and scrumptious I don’t assume anybody will thoughts one little bit
Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Blondies are crunchy, chewy, gooey and so delicious! A super easy blondie recipe that’s made in one bowl and so perfect for the holiday celebrations.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 ounces chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper; spray lightly with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar and whisk until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, and whisk until JUST combined, being sure not to over mix. Using a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate, walnuts, cranberries, and sea salt until combined.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly. Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting.