Garlic Butter Herb Prime Rib Roast is a perfect Christmas lunch or dinner, full of flavor and ready in under an hour!
A ready Prime Rib Recipe in less than an hour? YEAH! Melt in your mouth, juicy with a juicy brownish crust inside.
I may have broken a few traditional ribs cardinal rules that cook under an hour. However, we always cooked our fries in this way. It is not worth it, almost without effort.
- 6 pounds (3 kg) standing rib roast (4 bone rib roast)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, (or olive oil)
- 6-8 large cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped (or 2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh Thyme, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F | 230°C for at least 30 minutes while the prime rib comes to room temperature.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, herbs, 1 tablespoon of salt and the pepper together in a small bowl until combined.
- Place the roast in a cast iron skillet or roasting pan bone-side down. The bones create a natural roasting rack for the meat. Pour the garlic herb butter mixture over the meat, rubbing it into the flesh to coat it well and evenly.Season with a little extra salt and pepper for added flavour.
- Cook the roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F | 190°C. Cover with foil and continue to cook the roast to your preference of doneness (until your meat thermometer reads 110°F | 43°C). For the pictured roast, we cooked it for 45 minutes, covered.
- Once cooked to your liking, allow to rest for 20 minutes. The roast will continue to cook as the juices inside settle, raising the internal temperature to 130°F | 55°C for a perfect medium-rare prime rib.