Carry on the party! I’ve obtained the BEST recipe for wonderful Tacky BBQ Chicken Pizza Rolls
Everyone loves pizza and what higher approach to make your besties completely happy than with this luscious social gathering meals! Whether or not you’re having the women over for a glass of wine, or the entire gang for the massive sport, you’ll thrill your friends with these tasty, hearty Pizza Rolls. Not a giant fan of BBQ chicken pizza? No worries, change it up and use your favourite pizza toppings as an alternative. In the event you’re coated up with youngsters on the weekends, or liable to impromtu slumber events, that is the recipe for you! Make a number of pans of pizza rolls, every with completely different fillings to suit all their cravings.
- 1 pound fresh, frozen or refrigerated pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweet BBQ sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie, poached, etc)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil for greasing the pan, plus more for oiling the bowl
- If frozen, follow instructions for thawing your pizza dough. If using refrigerated dough, place in a well oiled bowl, cover and allow to come to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- Lightly oil a large 9 or 10-inch round skillet or baking pan. Cast iron skillets work well for pizza. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out the room temperature pizza dough to an 18×10-inch rectangle. If the dough springs back and won’t hold it’s shape, let it rest an additional 5 minutes, then roll again. Spread the BBQ sauce over the surface of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border all around the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly across the surface of the dough, then top with the chicken, onion, red pepper flakes and bacon, if using.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough away from you into a tight cylinder, tucking and pulling just a bit as you go. Pinch the seams together to seal. Cut into 8 equal slices and place cut side down in the prepared pan. When cutting try using dental floss instead of a knife. It works amazingly well!
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 400 degree F oven. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and continue baking for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.
- Recipe Notes
- Substitute pizza sauce for the BBQ and use your favorite traditional toppings instead.
- Since these bake quickly you’ll need to pre-cook or sauté hearty vegetables before adding to the rolls. Vegetables like peppers and mushrooms need to be cooked first too. Finely minced onion is fine added raw.
- Pre-cook all meats used in the rolls.
Filling Inspiration: Ground beef, Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, ham and pepperoni. Parmesan cheese, well drained crushed pineapple, fresh basil leaves, olives, and jalapeños. Pesto, peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach.