Lemon Chicken with Dill Cream Sauce is a 30-minute meal you will make over and over again. This baked chicken with lemon cream sauce is very tasty and delicate and incredibly easy – you’ll want to clean the pan!
He was just looking at me. I sighed, turned in my hands, gave a last, long look and let go again. “Boneless, skinless chicken breast,” I said to the chicken (we all talked to the chicken, we confessed). “What do you want to be tonight?”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR 4-6 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream OR half & half plus 1 tablespoon corn starch
- juice of 1/2 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste along with garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Combine butter and oil in a large oven-safe skillet(see note), once butter is melted add honey and stir to combine.
- Add chicken to pan, brown chicken 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate (it won’t be cooked through at this point). Add garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and lemon juice and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Spoon pan sauce over the chicken and sprinkle dill over the chicken and sauce, add cracked black pepper to taste and serve.