The best chimichurri chicken, grilled or fried pan, fried with authentic argentinian chimichurri!
Chimichurri is growing in popularity and is the perfect condiment to serve with chicken or steak! The flavors are amazing and the flavors are very friendly, the Chimichurri Chicken dinner is ready in minutes! Only with a handful of the ingredients and no food processor or mixer!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 2 small red chilies or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 – 1 level teaspoon coarse salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (adjust to your tastes)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- Salt to season
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. (Chimichurri can be prepared and refrigerated for 24 hours before serving.)
Makes 1 cup.
- Season chicken with salt, pour 4 tablespoons of Chimichurri out into a shallow dish and coat chicken. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes (if time allows). Reserve untouched marinade to serve later.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through (about 5-6 minutes each side). Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Spoon remaining chimichurri over each chicken thigh (about 2-3 tablespoons of chimichurri per person), or allow your guests to dip their chicken in a small dip bowl of chimichurri.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g |
Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 402mg | Sugar: 1g
| Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 43.2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.9mg