Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots are juicy and delicious, made with Dijon sauce with cream, perfect for dinner on weekdays!
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- 4 pork loin chops, bone-in, trimmed or 1 lb (boneless)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large frying pan heat the butter over moderately low heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer or until the pork reads 160F in the center.
- Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.
- Add shallots to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the stock to deglaze the pan, stir in the mustard, 1 tbsp parsley, then add mushrooms, season with fresh pepper and cook about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are done.
- Put the chops on a platter and pour the mushroom sauce over the meat, top with remaining parsley.