This Wholesome Quinoa Salad is full of colourful greens and tossed in a straightforward peasy whisk-and-pour Mediterranean dressing. I can’t WAIT for y’all to do this superfood salad!
I’ve been all about mild and wholesome meals recently, and can’t wait to share my kale quinoa salad with y’all! It’s quick, recent, and flipping scrumptious!
As written, this loopy nutritious salad is vegan and gluten-free, making it a plant-based powerhouse as each a principal dish and a aspect!
If you happen to’re merely vegetarian and are jonesin’ for some feta cheese on prime of this loopy colourful salad, go for it!
I additionally like it with chopped avocado. Craving a kiss of sweetness? Dried cranberries make a loopy tasty mix-in as do candied pecans or walnuts. The combo-ins are countless so empty out that crisper drawer, raid your pantry, and get your booty within the kitchen! Now we have an epic quinoa salad to create!
HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD
There’s a lot to like about this superfood salad! Kale and quinoa make a rockstar combo studded with carrots, corn, bell pepper, inexperienced onion, and edamame, then tossed in a recent and flavorful selfmade dressing. I may just about make this each week and by no means tire of it. It’s loopy tasty and a improbable method to up your veggie consumption!
I used common white quinoa for this recipe however be happy to strive it with crimson or tri-color quinoa as nicely!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 5 cups chopped curly kale
- 1/2 tsp wholesome oil (avocado, olive, and so on…)
- 1/eight tsp salt
- 1.5 cups frozen candy corn (Steam if frozen or sauté if utilizing recent from the cob)
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bell pepper chopped (any coloration)
- 2-Four TBSP inexperienced onion
- further salt and pepper to style if desired
EASY PEASY SALAD DRESSING
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (olive oil works nice too)
- 1/Four cup crimson wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP recent chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/Four tsp black pepper
- First rinse and drain your quinoa utilizing a mesh strainer or sieve. Carry a small pot to medium warmth and frivolously toast the quinoa to take away any extra water. Stir because it toasts for only a few minutes. This step is non-compulsory however actually provides to the nuttiness and fluff issue of the quinoa! Subsequent add your water, set burner to excessive, and convey to a boil. As soon as boiling, scale back warmth to low and simmer, coated with the lid barely ajar, for 12-13 minutes or till quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Whereas the quinoa cooks, wash and dry your chopped kale (I take advantage of my trusty saladspinner) and therapeutic massage with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt for extra-tender kale that tastes GREAT! Toss kale with shredded carrot, bell pepper, and inexperienced onion in a big bowl.
- Subsequent steam edamame and corn per bundle directions and put aside to chill.
- For the dressing, mix all of the substances listed in a small bowl and whisk collectively. Moreover you may add all of the substances to a lidded mason jar and shake nicely.
- As soon as your quinoa is prepared, fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper, to style. For a calming salad, permit the quinoa, edamame and corn to relax within the fridge for 15-20 minutes. For a room temperature salad, merely put aside to chill off barely after which add to the remainder of your veggies.
- Able to eat? Pour half dressing over salad and blend nicely. Permit pals/household so as to add further dressing to style.