Stuffed Shells with Meat and Cheese are a scrumptious pasta dish you may make for dinner any night time. These Italian stuffed pasta shells are baked along with meat sauce and loads of cheese to make a simple casserole. Stuffed Jumbo Shells are the right household dinner!
STUFFED SHELLS RECIPE
This Italian Stuffed Shells recipe is ideal for date night time, or for weeknight dinners with the household. Everybody will love these cheese stuffed pasta shells!
It’s laborious to go fallacious with Italian meals. Pasta, cheese, and sauce is simply actually laborious to mess up! Which is why I like recipes like these stuffed shells with meat and cheese. It’s simple, it’s scrumptious, and nobody can flip down jumbo pasta shells filled with cheese!
Since casseroles are the last word simple dinner, I went with a baked stuffed shells casserole. It’s the best technique to cook dinner, serve, and save this dish (leftovers are wonderful) with out problem.
Jumbo stuffed shells with meat sauce (floor beef), baked right into a dish with a lot of cheese, served sizzling and recent. Yum! I simply love the way in which the entire ingredients replenish contained in the shells, so each chew is a dream!
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 26 ounces marinara sauce (1 jar)
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 20 jumbo pasta shells cooked per package directions, to al dente
- Chopped fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13 (3 qt.) baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- After cooking the pasta shells, drain and place them (separatelupside-down on a large sheet pan to dry.
- Brown the beef, in a large skillet, set over medium heat until cooked through and no pink remains. Drain off the rendered fat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Heat the olive oil, in the same skillet, and add the onion. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Reduce heat to low and add the marinara; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg, cottage cheese, 1-cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan.
- Pour 3/4ths of the meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stuff the shells with 1 rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture and arrange them on top of the meat sauce, open-side up. Spoon the remaining meat sauce in-between the shells but not directly on top of the shells.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over the shells. Bake 5-7 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with garlic bread and a delicious salad.
CALORIES: 449KCAL | CARBOHYDRATES: 24G | PROTEIN: 31G | FAT: 25G | SATURATED FAT: 11G | CHOLESTEROL: 101MG | SODIUM: 1055MG | POTASSIUM: 622MG | FIBER: 2G | SUGAR: 7G | VITAMIN A: 780IU | VITAMIN C: 7.6MG | CALCIUM: 325MG | IRON: 2.7MG