Instant Pot has a few dishes that I think are better than anything, I will add ribs to the top of the list! The Instant Pot shaves the cooking time for hours and you can cook two full size back ribs in the 6 QT Instant Pot. Start to finish, you can get these delicious ribs on the table in about 1 1/2 hours. This includes preparation, pressurizing the cooker, cooking time and Natural Pressure Release.
HOW TO INSTANT POT RISE
Begin by seasoning the shelves thoroughly and removing the membrane if it is still attached. Place the trivet that came with the Instant Pot at the bottom. Add the beef broth, then place both ribs in the Instant Pot by bending them around each other to form a spiral. Place your favorite barbecue sauce on the ribs, then add the lid and set the Instant Pot to the high position in manual mode for 30 minutes.
Instant Pot is too full, so it takes 20-30 minutes to come to print. When the ribs are cooked, do not release the pressure valve. The Instant Pot naturally takes another 20 minutes to release the pressure.
- 2 racks baby back ribs about 3.75 pounds each
- 2 cups BBQ sauce plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- kosher salt
- freshly ground coarse black pepper
- garlic powder
- all-purpose steak seasoning optional
- Remove membranes from baby back ribs. Use a butter knife to loosen and lift the edge of the membrane. Then use a paper towel to grab the membrane and pull off in full sheet.
- Season ribs generously with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder on both sides. Sprinkle on brown sugar and season with additional all purpose steak-seasoning, if desired.
- Add beef broth to 6 Qt Instant Pot, followed by trivet. Fit rib racks into Instant Pot curling them into each other with meaty parts facing out. Add beef broth to Instant Pot and pour barbecue sauce over ribs. Set Instant Pot to Manual, High Pressure for 30 minutes and make sure valve is set to sealing. Instant Pot will take 20-30 minutes to come to pressure and then countdown cooking time from there.
- Once Instant Pot has counted down from 30 minutes, do not turn the pressure release valve. Let ribs Natural Pressure Release. This will take another 20-30 minutes.
- Once the pressure pins drops, carefully remove ribs from Instant Pot and place on baking sheet. Brush ribs with liquid from the Instant Pot and additional barbecue sauce. Broil ribs for about 5 minutes on high, watching carefully to prevent burning.