Dilute your mouth with sun-dried tomatoes before the creamy spinach stuffed pork chop hits the dining table!
Pork chop stuffed with meat is your answer to a simple dinner. To achieve an irresistible golden crust, it always provides juicy pork, which is dried and finished first in the oven.
Delicious spinach sauce made with cream cheese, garlic, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and every mouthful of herbs and flavored pork – all begging!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 6 oz (170 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) block cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200°C).
- Season both sides of each pork chop with the onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Slice a pocket into each chop about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
- To make the dip: squeeze and discard excess liquid out of the spinach. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Fill pork ‘pockets’ with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon; seal with toothpicks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chops in batches until golden on both sides (about 3 minutes per side) until golden.
- Transfer chops to HOT oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink in the centre. (Internal temperature of 150°F or 65°C with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a pork chop.)
- Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.