the chicken marsala with yummy creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant! Cook a chef tasting chicken recipe like a pro at home!
One of the most sought-after dishes served in restaurants is super fast and can be easily made in your own kitchen. Chicken with an authentic Italian taste and Flavourful Chicken Marsala with EXTRA sauce to serve with you! Perfect for a weekend OR weekend meal, this is a chicken recipe that we will make over and over again.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter as needed
- 8 ounces (250g) brown or Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (thickened cream, evaporated milk or half and half may also be used)**
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Mix the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch pan or skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry 2 of the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to warm plate, tent with foil and keep warm. Repeat the same with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- In the same pan with remaining pan grease leftover from the chicken, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and for 2-3 minutes until browned, scraping away at any of the leftover chicken bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the Marsala and the broth and simmer until reduced by half and starting to thicken, (about 10-15 minutes).
- Pour in the cream and return the chicken back into the sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens (about 3 minutes). Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. (The sauce will continue to thicken off the heat.)
- Serve over cooked angel hair pasta (or pasta of choice), rice, potatoes, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, if desired.
*For pounding chicken breasts method:
You will need 4 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless). Place one chicken breast in between sheets of plastic wrap (or in a ziplock bag) and use a flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound and flatten to an even 1/4-inch thickness. Set the flattened chicken breast aside and repeat with remaining breasts.
Continue on from Step 2.
**If using half and half, be careful not to bring your sauce to a rapid boil or it may curdle.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.