A simple recipe for baked hen breasts covered in melty mozzarella cheese and layered with deliciously caramelized mushrooms. This easy hen dish is a good dinner for any night time of the week.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS RECIPES
Oven Baked Rooster with cheese and mushrooms combined via is a superb method to step up your dinner. Full of taste with only a handful of elements, you might be about to have one of many BEST and best hen recipes. It’s additionally low in carbs, Keto-friendly, with sufficient protein to maintain you going and going.
This meal is straightforward to make in about 40 minutes, from begin to end, and can hit the spot even with choosy eaters. My 9-year previous requests it as soon as every week and he or she is PICK-YYYY!
It’s a recipe I can rely on to yield tender and flavorful mushroom hen every time. Moreover, my household is loopy for mushrooms, so we make this recipe quite a bit.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- We begin with cooking onions and mushrooms in a skillet for five minutes.
- Within the meantime, seize a meat mallet and pound the hen right down to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Switch half of the cooked mushrooms combination to a baking dish; put aside the remaining as a result of we’ll use these to high the hen.
- Season hen breasts and add to the skillet the place you cooked the mushrooms; cook dinner every hen breast for two minutes per facet, or till golden brown.
- Take away hen breasts from skillet and organize over mushrooms within the baking dish.
- Return skillet to the range; add hen broth and scrape up the browned bits. Deliver combination to a boil and cook dinner for five minutes, till liquid is decreased.
- High hen breasts with the remainder of the mushrooms combination, add cheese, and pour within the ready liquid.
- Pop in a 375F preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or till hen is cooked via and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with contemporary parsley and serve.
Serve this Mushroom Baked Rooster with an enormous inexperienced salad, or over a mattress of rice, pasta, or Zucchini Noodles. It’s a whole crowd pleaser, and an important selection for a satisfying meal.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS?
- Rooster breasts want 20 to 22 minutes of bake time in a 375F diploma oven. Nonetheless, cooking time additionally will depend on the thickness of the hen breasts – thicker breasts will want extra time to cook dinner. Use a meat thermometer to test that the inner temperature of the cooked hen is 165F.
When you comply with my brined oven baked hen recipe, you may bake thicker hen breasts in a 425F-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
IS BAKED CHICKEN HEALTHY?
- A 3-ounce boneless, skinless, hen breast has round 140 energy, Three grams of fats, and only one gram of saturated fats.
- The healthiest method to eat hen breasts is to bake within the oven or have it grilled. Energy do enhance if you add fat and different elements to the hen.
- 1tablespoon butter, divided
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
- 8ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1large yellow onion, sliced
- salt and fresh ground pepper,to taste
- 3cloves garlic, minced
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4(1-pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded down to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper,to taste
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4ounces shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2cup low sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley,for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sliced onions to the skillet; season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, or until fragrant.
- Transfer half of the mushrooms mixture to the prepared baking dish; set the rest aside for later.
- Return skillet to heat and add the rest of the butter and olive oil.
Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and Italian Seasoning.
Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange over mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Return skillet to the stove; add chicken broth and scrape up the browned bits. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced.
Top chicken breasts with the rest of the mushrooms mixture, add cheese over the chicken breasts, and pour in the prepared chicken broth.
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.