These straightforward, flavorful Thai impressed rooster skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices, then grilled and served with a scrumptious spicy peanut sauce for dipping
Anytime we exit for Thai meals, we ALWAYS order the satay! My husband is obsessive about coconut milk and peanut sauce, so I believed I’d shock him along with his favourite appetizer, and serve it as a most important dish as a substitute. So good you’ll skip Thai take-out!
He gave these the thumbs up, so I’ll def be making them once more. The rooster marinade I tailored from a recipe I discovered on the Meals Community, however I used my tried and true peanut sauce recipe that by no means fails me. To lighten it I used Higher N Peanut Butter which I actually love in sauces (they carry at Dealer Joe’s) however common peanut butter would additionally work. To make it a most important dish, we served it with rice and sliced cucumbers. These would additionally make a fantastic appetizer in the event you’re entertaining outside this summer season!
To forestall the sticks from burning, I like to recommend soaking them a minimum of one hour whereas the rooster marinates.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SATAY
Grilled Rooster Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
These flavorful rooster skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices, then grilled and served with a scrumptious spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
- half cup mild coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons crimson curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- half teaspoon floor turmeric
- half tsp kosher salt
- freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 1 -1/Four kilos skinny sliced boneless, skinless rooster cutlets
- 16 giant Bamboo skewers, soaked in chilly water
- lime wedges, for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts, for garnish (non-obligatory)
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE (MAKES half CUP):
- 1/three cup low sodium rooster broth
- 2 tbsp Higher’n peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lowered sodium soy sauce (Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- In a bowl, combine the marinade elements besides the rooster. Slice the rooster into lengthy, skinny strips, about three inches lengthy by 1 inch large, and add to marinade. Flip rooster to coat, cowl and refrigerate a minimum of Four hours or longer.
- In the meantime, put together the peanut sauce. Mix all of the elements in a small saucepan and whisk effectively. Deliver to a boil, cut back warmth and prepare dinner till clean, stirring always, about 5 minutes. Put aside to chill to room temperature.
- Put together grill to excessive warmth and thread marinated rooster onto soaked bamboo skewers. Place on grill and prepare dinner 2 to three minutes per aspect, or till cooked by means of. Serve with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Yield: Four Servings, Serving Dimension: Four skewers
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Freestyle Factors: 4
- Factors +: 7
- Energy: 297 energy
- Complete Fats: 8g
- Saturated Fats: 2.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 104mg
- Sodium: 998mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 36.5g