A takeout favourite that’s certain to be successful with your complete household! Plus, that lemon glaze is TO. DIE. FOR.
Greetings from the windy metropolis! Besides it’s 82 levels right here in Chicago. And it’s anticipated to be 90 levels tomorrow.
Nonetheless, I’m right here for a fast work journey, besides my pal is dragging me to a donut store at 7:45AM, after which one of the best deep dish pizza afterwards. Plus, perhaps a Chicago canine for dessert.
It’s a jam-packed day.
However whereas I’m stuffing myself with 12 donuts with artery-clogging goodness, I go away you with a takeout favourite of mine.
That is a simple peasy rooster sauté with a easy pineapple-lemon glaze that may simply soften. in. your. stinking. mouth.
You possibly can serve this on a mattress of rice with a aspect of steamed broccoli or you may simply eat the lemon glaze by itself. Your alternative.
- 1 cup white rice
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-Three cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless rooster breasts, reduce into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 1 inexperienced onion, thinly sliced
- 1/Four teaspoon sesame seeds
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE
- half cup rooster inventory
- 1/Four cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/Four cup honey
- 1 tablespoon diminished sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, non-obligatory
- In a big saucepan of 1 half cups water, cook dinner rice in keeping with package deal directions; put aside.
- Place broccoli florets right into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cowl and steam for five minutes, or till cooked by and vibrant inexperienced; put aside.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth.
- Season rooster with salt and pepper, to style. Add rooster to the skillet and cook dinner till golden, about 2-Three minutes; put aside.
- To make the glaze, stir in rooster inventory, pineapple juice, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and Sriracha within the skillet. Carry to a boil; cut back warmth and simmer till barely thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in rooster and gently toss to mix.
- Serve rooster instantly with rice and broccoli, garnished with inexperienced onion and sesame seeds, if desired.