This bacon-wrapped chicken skewer combines two of my favorite dish combinations: bacon and juicy chicken! Deliciously spicy and baked to perfection, this recipe is very simple but incredibly delicious.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up into 1 inch to 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 to 12 bacon slices, cut in half, crosswise
- 5 to 6 grilling skewers (I use metal skewers for the oven, but if you use wooden skewers, please soak them in water for 15 minutes prior to adding the chicken to the skewers.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set a wire rack on top of the baking sheet and spray with cooking oil; set aside.
- Cut up your chicken into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried basil; mix around until well combined.
- Wrap each piece of bacon around each chicken piece, and thread 5 to 6 pieces onto each skewer. You want to pack them close together on the skewer so that the bacon slices stay intact.
- Arrange skewers on top of previously prepared baking rack.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.