The creamiest honey mustard rooster ever! It’s so good, you’ll wish to eat the honey mustard itself with a spoon! Baked Honey Rooster Components
- Three tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Three tablespoon entire grain mustard
- Three tablespoons honey, or extra, to style
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, or extra, to style
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Three sprigs rosemary
FOR THE MUSTARD RUB
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to taste
- eight bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the mustard rub, combine olive oil and whole grain mustard in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using your fingers or a brush, work the mustard rub onto both sides of the chicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey and chicken stock. Add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides till golden brown, about 2-Three minutes per side. Add mustard mixture and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.