Hasselback Tuscan Baked Chicken Breast – Delicious baked chicken stuffed with a mixture of creamy spinach, dried tomatoes and cream cheese makes a great meal! It is also Low carb and KETO friendly.
Do you need a quick weekday dinner that looks and tastes great, but you don’t take too much time? Every bite of this easy-cooked chicken dish is filled with creamy, salty goodness and is ready in just 30 minutes.
HOWELBACK TUSCAN HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN
Start cooking spinach and tomatoes in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir in cream cheese and cook for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
By the way, cut the slits or cut the pockets on the chicken breast using a sharp knife. Do not cut the chicken – cut about 3/4 of the way.
Take the prepared spinach mixture and fill it in the pockets.
Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake at 375˚F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the instantly read thermometer saves to 165˚F.
Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You will love how easy this baked chicken gets together. The results are delicate and moist chicken breast with abundant texture and salty aroma. You will really enjoy it, I promise!
FOR THE CREAMY STUFFING
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, (you can also just use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. *see notes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Stir frequently.
- Season with Italian Seasoning and add in the cream cheese; cook for 1 minute, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Cut 5 to 6 slits/pockets on top of each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. DO NOT cut through – cut about 3/4 of the way down and keep the base of the chicken breasts intact.
- Place chicken breasts in the baking dish and fill each pocket of the chicken breasts with the spinach mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness – chicken is cooked at 165˚F. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Use LIGHT CREAM CHEESE and lower your points down to 4.
- * To minimize cleanup, use an oven safe skillet for the spinach mixture; use the same skillet to bake the chicken breasts.