This cake is beyond delicious and will be one of the most moist and flavorful cakes you ever try! Caramel, chocolate sand pecans combine for a perfect blend of flavors and textures. You will not be able to stop at just one slice!
Cake has become my new obsession… particularly bundt cakes.
Have you ever tried “Nothing Bundt Cake”? Well, if not, they are some of the most moist cakes you will EVER try. This cake base rivals that one and the best part is made right in your own kitchen!
The classic turtle flavors of caramel, chocolate and pecans come together beautifully in this extraordinary cake! It starts with a chocolate cake base that is AMAZING with little pops of pecans hidden throughout. It also has a caramel cream cheese frosting and is drizzled with additional caramel and chocolate and garnished with chopped pecans.
Each and every bite is sheer perfection!
Definitely give this a try! And good luck at stopping at just one piece 😉
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix, dry
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces Peter’s caramel plus 1½ Tablespoons milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips plus 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sugar, sour cream, eggs, oil, water, and vanilla, and mix for three minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the pecans. Save the rest for the garnish.
- Spray bundt pan with Baking Joy and pour batter evenly inside.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes, until done when cake springs back to the touch.
- Let sit in the pan for 3 minutes before turning them out. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe frosting over the top of cooled cake.
- In a microwavable bowl melt caramel and milk together in microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let it cool for about a minute before drizzling it over the frosting.
- In a microwavable bowl melt chocolate chips and shortening together for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and drizzle over caramel.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts over the top.