These Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookies are so easy and taste amazing! The strawberry and lemon flavors fuse together in both cookie and frosting and combine for an out of this world cookie!
I have a love hate relationship with summer time. It is WAY too hot during the day but I love the warmer evenings. We have been in the 100s a few times these past couple weeks and it is excruciating!
I will occasionally stop by a few lemonade stands on the way home… Although, none beat my Grandma’s BEST EVER Lemonade 😉 I don’t know what it is about lemonade that just makes your summer soul jump for joy! Maybe its that it quenches your thirst and is cold and tastes incredible!
Mandi over at Vintage Revivals developed a delicious replica to the famous Swig Sugar Cookie here in Utah. Her recipe is absolutely AMAZING and one I have made many of times. I encourage you all, if you haven’t tried hers yet, to give it a try! You won’t be disappointed. And if you are confused for any reason on how you press the glass into the cookie dough, check out her post as she has step by step pictures of the process that are super helpful 🙂
This time when I made it though, I wanted to put my own spin on them and give them an exciting summer flavor. I LOVE strawberry lemonade and knew that would be the perfect flavor for these cookies. These cookies were outrageously delicious! I couldn’t stop eating them! Everyone who tried them RAVED about how fresh and tasty they were! If you are looking for that perfect summertime cookie, give these babies a try! You will be SO happy you did!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5½ cups flour
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 cup of sugar and the powdered sugar. Add vegetable oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- On a large plate, spread ¼ c of sugar. Find a smooth bottomed glass and press it into the sugar to coat the bottom of the glass in sugar. Then press the sugar-coated-glass into the cookie dough balls and lightly press down until your dough begins to flatten and the edges around the glass begin to split.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool cookies on a cooling rack and then put them in the fridge until you are ready to frost them.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add strawberries and mix until just blended. Frost cookies when you are ready to serve.