This delicious 30-minute pan fried chicken in a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce recipe has bold and rich garlic, parmesan and herb flavors that will leave you craving more!
Combining sun-dried tomatoes with garlic, a few dried herbs and parmesan cheese is a match in heaven. I swear, I can drink this sauce right away, but it can’t be considered a very good round meal, I put chicken under the sauce as a general rule.
This super tasty 30 minute chicken dish will blow you up with how simple and delicious it is. It’s as easy as meeting any busy night on weekdays, but impressive enough to hit the company and go for special occasions. You’ll love this skillet in sun-dried tomato sauce!
- 4-6 chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless), or 4 chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1/2 cup juliened sun dried tomatoes, (they come in a jar packed with oil, be sure to drain excess oil)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half, or heavy cream (use heavy cream for a thicker, creamier sauce!)
- 2/3 cup shaved or shredded parmesan cheese (or more to taste) + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh basil or thyme, for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- In a large skilletover medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, half and half or heavy cream, and 2/3 cup parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and continue to stir periodically until thickened and creamy (5-7 minutes).
- Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Top with cracked black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, fresh thyme or basil, and serve.