Basil Chicken with Cream Sauce has always been one of my favorite recipes. It has a Chicken Recipe with Basil, a dying buttermilk and a creamy sauce made of cheese. Easy breaded chicken, tomatoes, fresh herbs, skillet Chicken Recipes. You will need this Cream Chicken in your life ASAP! Basil Recipes to Win!
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can pimentos 4 ounces can, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce can, drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic & herb cheese such as Boursin
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and cover with buttermilk.
- Pour breadcrumbs in a different shallow dish.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Dip chicken in the breadcrumbs and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes or until bottom side is crispy and golden brown.
- Add remaining butter and oil and flip the breasts over. Cook another 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add chicken broth and sherry (if using) to the skillet to deglaze and bring to a boil over medium heat. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the cream, pimentos and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan, garlic-herb cheese, basil and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce reduces by half.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce and heat through.
- Serve as is with sauce or with a side of rice or pasta.