4 ingredient tremendous easy maple vanilla baked pears which can be cooked till heat and tender, utterly infused with maple and vanilla, and topped with crunchy granola.
Baked pears. I do know all of it sounds fairly easy. And also you don’t even see chocolate or frosting or caramel explosions in these images. However let me inform ya one thing. These maple vanilla baked pears? They’re fairly epic. Such a giant assertion for a humble fruit, no? Nicely, they’re a first-rate instance of how easy elements, good-for-you, and REAL complete meals can come collectively to produce a dessert that may stand as much as a chocolate frosting caramel exploding one thing.
When Stemilt despatched me pears, the very first thing I did was eat them. I imagine I inhaled 2 in a matter of 30 seconds. Then I obtained right down to enterprise and commenced brainstorming a brand new recipe to make. Really, earlier than the brainstorming, I hiccupped as a result of I simply ate 2 large pears in underneath a minute.
Baked pears got here to thoughts first. Once I’m feeling lazy however need a bit one thing candy after dinner (at all times), I typically bake an apple, drizzle with honey or melted peanut butter and prime with crunchy granola. It’s easy, it’s kinda wholesome, and on a chilly winter evening– hits the spot. In my actual thoughts, baked pears dripping with pure maple syrup sounded simply as fabulous and in my bizarre meals running a blog photographer thoughts, they sounded fairly.
I take advantage of Stemilt D’Anjou pears. (Aka Anjou pears.) This selection is tremendous juicy and naturally candy. Their taste and juicy inside make the pears good for baking. Stemilt harvests these pears in September and October they usually’re broadly obtainable October via June. Enjoyable reality: these pears are used for flavoring Jelly Stomach’s juicy pear taste jelly bean. Ha! Extra pear info should you’re a nerd like I’m.
About my maple vanilla baked pears– you must strive them! It’s a seemingly elegant dessert that’s thrown collectively and on the desk in underneath 30 minutes. All you do is whisk maple syrup and vanilla extract collectively, drizzle over the pears, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake. After they come out of the oven you may go a bit loopy with toppings. Right here I’ve them topped with extra maple syrup/vanilla, a bit crunchy granola, and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
The baked pears are heat and cinnamon spiced. Oozing with candy maple syrup and aromatic vanilla. Gentle and juicy, topped with crunchy and toasty do-it-yourself granola, and that Greek yogurt? It’s chilly and creamy. Texture paradise on a plate.
Should you can open the oven, you can also make baked pears.
Even should you’ve by no means baked earlier than– no fret. These maple vanilla baked pears take minutes to arrange and it’s just about unimaginable to mess them up. AND should you want another reason to make these tremendous easy maple vanilla baked pears, it needs to be this: they appear fancy. Such as you did some tremendous difficult magic that made the pears completely tender and candy. Otherwise you did somersaults and backflips to infuse maple and vanilla inside every juicy pear. I imply, there should have been some trickery concerned to make a PEAR style this good. Proper?
Muhaha. Our little secret.
- 4 D’Anjou pears (aka Anjou pears)
- half cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/Four teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optionally available toppings: maple pecan granola, Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). I do not line my baking sheet after I make these, however you completely can with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Reduce pears in half, then minimize a small sliver off the underside so the pears sit flat when positioned upright on the baking sheet. See video above for visible. Utilizing a massive or medium cookie scoop or melon baller (or perhaps a teaspoon), core out the seeds. Prepare pears, going through up, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon– be happy so as to add extra cinnamon if you would like.
- Whisk the maple syrup and vanilla extract collectively in a small bowl. Drizzle most of it everywhere in the pears, reserving about 2 Tablespoons for after the pears are completed baking
- Bake pears for about 25 minutes till tender and calmly browned on the perimeters. Take away from the oven and instantly drizzle with remaining maple syrup combination. Serve heat with granola and yogurt. Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 5 days
- Make forward tip: Pears are greatest baked proper earlier than they’re served, however you might bake them utterly and refrigerate for as much as 5 days. Then, heat again up within the oven for 10 minutes and prime with remaining maple syrup combination, granola, and yogurt proper earlier than serving.