My husband’s favorite type of meat is a good steak. Juicy, flavorful and cooked to perfection.
This steak… it was a home run!
The pepper crust covering the outside provides an incredible texture to each and every bite.
But the magic of the flavor is in the Glazed Portobello Mushrooms. They are magical. I bought the BIG portobello mushrooms and sliced them for an even more beautiful appearance to match its glorious taste.
This steak has the flavor, texture and appearance of a meal you would find in a 5 star restaurant, only it can be made in the comfort of you own home.
This will easily be one of THE BEST steaks you ever try!
If you are looking for a dinner to “wow!” then this is it! Best of all, its really not that hard to make!
- 1½ pounds of steak
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons course salt
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 pound large portobello mushrooms, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Mix salt and pepper together in a small bowl and rub on steak. Let stand for 20 minutes and room temperature before grilling.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat and cook steaks five minutes per side or to the doneness you like.
- Remove from heat and pour melted butter over the top of steaks and tent with foil.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add Worcestershire sauce and balsamic, then add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steak