Butter garlic mushrooms with a flavor twist! herb garlic butter sauce is very good, you will serve these mushrooms with everything!
Pan-seared Garlic Mushrooms are a major side in any restaurant, bistro, pub or steakhouse and a great favorite in homes all over the world. BUT, I made a few changes over the years and added a few extra ingredients for regular garlic mushrooms to get the best flavor!
You will love this easy and delicious 10-minute side dish that matches everything! Low carbs and Keto approved!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 an onion chopped (optional)
- 1 pound (500 g) Cremini or button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine* (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce slightly.
- Stir through thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley and garlic. Cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Season generously with salt and pepper (to your taste).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve warm.
*Use a good quality dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, or a Sauv Blanc.