An unbelievably straightforward, no-fuss, home made toffee recipe. So addictive, you gained’t need to share!
Once I was within the seventh grade, one of many ladies in my historical past class at all times introduced in probably the most superb home made toffee. She stated that her mother would make it throughout the holidays and we’d all encompass her throughout break time to ensure we obtained our arms on this superb toffee.
Nicely, I’m blissful to say that after 12 years of making an attempt my first home made toffee, I can lastly cross this off on my culinary bucket record.
Now this toffee recipe is unbelievably straightforward. The one arduous half I might consider is the caramelization course of however I promise you, it’s not tough in any respect. It’s a easy stir-and-watch course of till it turns an almond brown. That’s it! No sweet thermometer or fancy devices wanted.
However I assume the actual arduous half is ready the two hours for this to chill so you can lastly stuff your face with this. Simply be warned that you’ll not need to share this with anybody so if you happen to plan on making this for gift-giving, I commend you in your self-control!
- 1 cup uncooked almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- half of teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1 half of cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/three cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Unfold almonds in an excellent layer onto the ready baking sheet. Place into oven and bake till toasted, about 10 minutes; put aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter, sugar vanilla and salt over medium warmth. Prepare dinner, whisking continuously, till butter has melted and combination is almond brown in colour, about 10-15 minutes.
- Instantly unfold the new caramel combination evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 1-2 minutes, unfold the chocolate chips in an excellent layer till clean. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let cool fully, about 2 hours. Break into items.