These Banana Nut Muffins are very delicate and delicious! Fresh bananas are filled with walnuts and complemented with buttered bread crumbs.
These Banana Nut Muffins are so moist and delicious, perfect for making ahead! Start by combining dry ingredients and do not over-mix. No problem if there are batter lumps!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon set aside
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan lightly with non stick cooking spray and line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- In medium bowl, stir together mashed bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. In a small bowl, toss chopped pecans with 1 tablespoon of flour. Then stir pecans into muffins batter. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Use two forks or a pastry cutter to cut in cold butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes until muffins spring back lightly when touched.