These fast and simple baked sea scallops are topped with panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a easy lemon-butter sauce.
This easy dish is ideal for the vacations as a part of a multi-course meal. They’re additionally good for a weeknight dinner, since they prepare dinner so rapidly.
Are scallops wholesome?
Scallops are good supply of protein, B12, magnesium and potassium.
HOW TO SELECT SCALLOPS
- It’s greatest to buy scallops from a trusted useful resource that has a very good popularity for having a recent provide of fish.
- Scallops are extraordinarily perishable, subsequently they’re normally shelled, washed and frozen, or packed in ice, as quickly as they’re caught.
- Recent scallops ought to have a white and agency flesh with no fishy odor, with a barely candy scent and must be cooked the identical day. In case you are planning on freezing the scallops, ensure to ask the fishmonger whether or not they’re recent or defrosted because you shouldn’t refreeze beforehand frozen scallops.
- To make them dairy free, you’ll be able to omit the Parmesan and use dairy-free butter.
- You possibly can omit the wine if you want.
- To make these low-carb, swap the panko out for extra Parmesan, and scale back the salt.
These fast and simple baked sea scallops are topped with panko and Parmesan in a easy lemon-butter sauce.
- olive oil spray
- 16 massive (1 pound) massive sea scallops
- 1/four cup panko crumbs
- 1 half tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon recent minced parsley
- 1/four teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/four kosher teaspoon salt, divided
- recent black pepper, to style
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 2 half tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and calmly spray an eight x 10-inch oval baking dish or 2-quart gratin dish with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat the scallops dry then spritz them with just a little oil, season with 1/eight teaspoon salt.
- In a small bowl mix the panko, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, 1/eight teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style.
- Prepare the scallops in a single layer within the ready dish. Prime with the crumb combination.
- Whisk half of the lemon juice, melted butter, and white wine collectively and pour over the scallops.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or till the scallops are opaque.
- Set the oven to broil on excessive and broil second rack from the highest till the topping is golden, about 2 to three minutes.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon over the scallops and eat straight away.
Yield: four servings, Serving Measurement: four scallops with sauce
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Freestyle Factors: 5
- Factors +: 5
- Energy: 192 energy
- Complete Fats: 9g
- Saturated Fats: 5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 294mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 20g