I love meals that are healthy, delicious but don’t compromise on flavor. Which is why these Skinny Enchiladas have quickly become one of my favorite new dinners.
I have said it before and I will say it again, Mexican food is the one type of food I could have all day everyday and never tire of. In fact, if I could only choose one food type to live off for the rest of my life… it would be Mexican without a second thought.
These Skinny Enchiladas were approved by all my family members. No one could even tell it used ground turkey versus ground beef.
I used my Homemade Enchilada Sauce for the sauce and it was AMAZING, but you could always use canned sauce if you want to skip a couple steps.
If you are looking to eat a well balanced, healthier and down-right delicious meal, this is one you absolutely have to try out! It is definitely going in as part of our dinner rotation from now on!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe enchilada sauce, or you can use a can if you don’t want to make homemade
- 1 lb. ground turkey, cooked completely and seasoned with salt
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Wrap the 12 corn tortillas in a dish towel and sprinkle the towel lightly with water on the top and bottom. Heat in microwave for 1 minutes.
- Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce. Place 2-3 tablespoons of ground turkey down the center. Layer cheese, onions, tomato and bell pepper and roll up to form enchilada. Place in a greased 9×13. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top of enchiladas.
- Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro, olives tomatoes or whatever you want.