Skillet Bourbon Steak Recipe – Pan seared juicy sirloin steaks ready with a dijon mustard rub and an unimaginable creamy bourbon sauce. A one pan recipe that’s SO easy and SO darn scrumptious!
SKILLET BOURBON STEAK IS THE PERFECT STEAK DINNER FOR ANY OCCASION. THE STEAK IS TENDER, A LITTLE TANGY, AND THE SWEET FLAVOR OF BOURBON HELPS MAKE THIS FLAVORFUL SAUCE A PERFECT PARTNER FOR A JUICY SIRLOIN STEAK.
Seeing that plenty of you actually beloved my recipe for Pan Seared Sirloin Steak with Mushroom Sauce, I positively knew that it was time to share our different favourite recipe for Bourbon Steak.
When you suppose you must go to a steakhouse in an effort to take pleasure in an ideal steak, this recipe will inform you that you’re fallacious. Make YOUR home THEEE unique steakhouse, m’kay?!
Apart from, with all the ingredients cooked in a single pan, this steak recipe couldn’t be faster to organize and simply as straightforward to scrub up! However the bourbon sauce makes it waaaay additional particular.
HOW TO PREPARE SKILLET BOURBON STEAK
Please whip out your forged iron skillet as a result of that’s the greatest device for getting ready a great steak.
- We’re going to salt our steaks and allow them to sit for about 20 minutes. When able to get began, hearth up the stovetop and set your forged iron skillet over the warmth.
- Rub the steaks with dijon mustard on either side and add to the skillet, two steaks at a time, and a tablespoon of butter.
- Within the meantime, put collectively the bourbon sauce by combining soy sauce, gentle brown sugar, bourbon, and dried herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Take away steaks from the pan and deglaze the skillet with the bourbon sauce.
- Stir in half & half or gentle cream and proceed to cook dinner for 1 to 2 extra minutes, or till sauce has barely thickened.
- Take away skillet from warmth, place steaks again in skillet and switch to coat with the sauce.
Serve with Lemon Butter Inexperienced Beans and ENJOY!
When cooking steak, use a meat thermometer and be mindful the way you need it cooked; uncommon, medium uncommon, medium, or nicely accomplished.
- 140F inside temperature for RARE
- 145F inside temperature for MEDIUM RARE
- 160F inside temperature for MEDIUM
- 170F inside temperature for WELL DONE
This methodology of pan-searing a steak works greatest with steaks which might be an inch thick, or much less, and boneless.
FOR THE STEAKS
- 4(4-ounces every) prime sirloin steaks, about 1-inch thick, at room temperature
- coarse salt and contemporary floor pepper, to style
- 2tablespoons dijon mustard divided
- 2tablespoons butter divided
FOR THE BOURBON SAUCE
- 1/3cup bourbon
- 1/4cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4cup packed gentle brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2/3cup half and half you too can use evaporated milk or gentle heavy cream
- dried parsley for garnish
FOR THE STEAKS
- Put together steaks by seasoning with salt and pepper; put aside for 20 minutes.
- Rub steaks with dijon mustard.
- Warmth a big cast-iron skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Switch steaks to heated skillet, two steaks at a time, and add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Prepare dinner steaks till browned and cooked to desired doneness, about three to Four minutes per all sides for medium-rare.
- Take away steaks from skillet and put aside.
- Repeat with the remaining steaks.
FOR THE BOURBON SAUCE
- In a small mixing bowl mix bourbon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, gentle brown sugar, basil, and rosemary; whisk to mix.
- Add the bourbon sauce combination to the new skillet and cook dinner over medium warmth for about 2 minutes, or till barely decreased.
- Stir in half & half or gentle cream and cook dinner for a minute or two, or till thickened.
- Take away from warmth and lace steaks again in skillet; flip to coat.
- Garnish with dried parsley.