it takes just a few minutes to make a tender and juicy baked chicken breast with a delicious honey mustard sauce!
Baked Chicken Breast couldn’t be easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea! Drowned in a honey mustard sauce with a glass of garlic and lemon juice, this will be your favorite chicken breast recipe! Recipe includes optional roasted asparagus cooked in the same pan!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with oil and line with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl to combine well.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet (tray). Season generously with salt and pepper. Spoon 3/4 of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Pour 1/4 cup water onto baking sheet to prevent burning, creating a sauce while baking.
- Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce over each breast and broil (or grill) for a further 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
To include roasted asparagus, arrange them onto the same baking sheet around the chicken in the last 10 minutes of cook time. Rotate them in the pan juices or pan sauce and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 872mg | Sugar: 13g
Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.4mg