Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Garlic Yogurt Sauce – Tender and moist, these grilled salmon kabobs are juicy with incredible flavor and are served with an amazing garlic yogurt sauce.
I’m happy to report that I can still find a gazillion ways to eat my favorite fish: salmon!
But first, HI! HELLO! Welcome to Monday! Wishing it was Sundaaaay ’cause that’s my fun daaaay…
However. On my Sunday-Fun-Day, I stayed IN and worked. All day. UGH… The good news is that I got to share some really awesome food with the fam, and all of that is going to be comin’ to you in the next two weeks. So, it’s not a bad thing at all. Besides, making food and photographing it is kinda my favorite hobby. Also? Taking Monday OFF feels pretty incredible!
Did you know that I have this thing about threading food onto skewers. As in, I’m completely crazy about it and I’ve been that way since I was little. Bite sized meat or grilled salmon placed in between veggies, fruits, or lemon slices? AND grilled?!? Bring it ON!
t is sweet, salty and acidic, which makes it a handy ingredient to have around for a quick and easy way to enhance foods without adding extra calories, fat or salt.
I paired the Seasoned Rice Vinegar with a dose of garlic and some Italian Seasoning and then I just ate it all with a spoon. I could not stop. Well, I did eventually stop so that I could brush it over our skewers, but it really was dang good. I know, Rice Vinegar with Italian Seasoning?! I know… but it works! The grilled salmon is delicious. I mean, it’s simple and perfect and flakes beautifully.
YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE
BUT this yogurt sauce on top is like WHOA.
It is very similar to my favorite Taratur recipe – a.k.a. Cucumber-Garlic Yogurt Sauce – sans the cucumbers and walnuts. It is a sauce which is suitable for slathering on fish, chicken, lamb chops, even sandwiches. My sister and I used to dip our fries in it, too. Little foreigners… Every other kid was like, where’s the ketchup, MOM!?!? And we’re over here, 5 years old, dipping our fries in garlic and yogurt…
FOR THE SALMON SKEWERS
- 5to 2 pounds salmon fillets , cut into 1-inch squares
- 2large lemons thinly sliced
- 3tablespoon STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 16bamboo skewers , soaked in water for 20 minutes
FOR THE GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE
- 3garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1tablespoon STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil , divided
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat, around 375F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic and Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
- Thread the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto previously prepared bamboo skewers.
- Brush all sides of salmon skewers with prepared marinade.
- Oil the grates on the grill.
- Place salmon skewers on grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
- Place garlic in a small mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil; mix it all together.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Drizzle the remaining extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with chopped parsley; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove salmon skewers from the grill.
- Serve with prepared garlic yogurt sauce.