An unforgettable jumbo lump of easy and delicious French toast topped with grated coconut and almond streusel. Personally, so these are fun to eat and more fun to eat!
- 12 cups cubed french bread (I used challah)
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- half cup milk (cows, soy, almond)
- 2/three cup granulated sugar
- 6 massive eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- half teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/three cup gentle brown sugar
- 1/four cup butter, chilly and diced
- 7 tablespoons all goal flour
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively each the milks, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the bread evenly among the cups. Carefully pour the egg custard mixture over the cups. Take your time if you do that, it requires some patience. Press the bread down as you pour so that every one of it soaks evenly. Alternately, you can mix the egg custard and bread in a big bowl, then switch it into the muffin cups. Cowl the muffin tray with plastic wrap and permit it to soak for at the least three hours and ideally in a single day.
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare the streusel mixture before eradicating the french toast from the fridge.
- STREUSEL: Mix the light brown sugar, butter, all goal flour, almond slices, and shredded coconut in a small bowl. Utilizing your finger ideas, mix together till the butter breaks down into smaller items. Sprinkle the streusel combination over the french toast cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes till totally cooked. In case your streusel begins to brown too much at any level, tent with a bit of foil. Let cool for a couple of minutes earlier than eradicating from pan and serving. Serve with recent berries, butter, and powdered sugar.