Crispy honey orange glazed salmon fillet, fried in the finest honey-orange-garlic sauce, frying soy for flavor!
Where do I start with this Honey Orange Glazed Salmon fillet? I think I said it all! I don’t know which is the best part: juicy salmon with sharp and charred edges; or the flavor of this sauce. Who knew that salmon and orange honey could go so well together?
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use olive oil if you wish)
- 4 x 6-ounce salmon fillets (or 170 grams each), with or without skin
- Juice from half an orange (about 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- Kosher salt and ground pepper , to taste
- Half an orange , sliced to serve
- Heat butter (or oil) in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the orange juice and allow to reduce to half the quantity (it takes about 1 minute to reduce down if your pan is hot enough). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the honey and soy sauce, stirring well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (this takes about another 30 seconds to 1 minute), and move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat. Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the sauce to serve. Best served over rice, noodles, steamed vegetables or with a salad.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 864mg | Sugar: 13g |Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.7mg