These cookies consist of four other ingredients: peanut butter, vanilla extract, an egg and generous amounts of dark chocolate.
Peanut butter is the most important flavor here and I love it … but I’m sure you might have guessed it. Peanut butter and chocolate are definitely one of my favorite scallops. However, if you oppose or want to change things, work with almost any other nut oil. I made them with almond butter and it was equally delicious and cashew butter sounds like a genius idea.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 8 ounces pitted medjool dates ( 1 cup packed dates)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces melted dark chocolate
- roasted peanuts, for topping (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peanut butter, dates, and vanilla. Pulse until well combined and no large chunks of dates remain. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Roll the dough 14-15 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, gently press down on each dough ball to flatten and create a cross hatch pattern. Transfer to the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. It’s important not to over bake these cookies, so set a timer!
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool. To make dipping easier, freeze the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Then drizzle or dip the cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts. Eat…or let the chocolate harden and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!