This recipe for cheese tortellini is a homemade bolognese style sauce. A quick and easy dinner option that can be on the table in just 20 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until done, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan with the beef and heat until warmed through.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley, then serve.
Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 682mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 5.3mg