Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas – Easy to make, quick and delicious quesadillas filled with a rich, yet lightened up spinach and artichoke dip.
Like most recipes in my life, this one starts and ends with lightER cream cheese, lightER mozzarella cheese, and not so light, BUT very little parmesan cheese.
This is so easy to make: Prepare the dip, take some low carb tortillas, place ’em on a hot skillet, spread dip on one side of tortilla, flip it, flip it again, remove from heat, let stand, cut it in half, and repeat!
…Ooookay… now that I wrote it all out, it seems like a lot of work, but I promise, it is not. And it’s soooooo delicious! I also have this 3 year old that can confirm it – she inhaled a good quarter of the quesadillas. For reals. Girl can eat!
FOR THE DIP
- 1cup Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts + 2 tablespoons marinade
- 2garlic cloves , minced
- 1bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 4ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1cup shredded low fat part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4cup fancy shredded parmesan cheese
FOR THE QUESADILLAS
- 1tablespoon butter
- 6Low Carb Flour Tortillas
- Chop up the artichokes into smaller pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped artichokes and marinade to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add spinach; stir and cook until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in neufchatel cheese; continue to stir until completely melted.
- Add mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir until all is melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Set an iron skillet or a frying pan over medium heat. (Iron skillet preferred)
- Drop a tablespoon of butter to melt.
- Divide up the prepared dip evenly over each flour tortilla.
- Transfer one tortilla to skillet, toppings-side-up.
- Cook for 30 seconds, or until heated through.
- Using a spatula, fold one side of the tortilla over the other.
- Cook for a few more seconds, or until it starts to sizzle; flip it over and continue to cook just until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Continue to cook the rest, adding more butter as needed.
- Cut each prepared tortilla in half and serve immediately.