restaurant quality pan seared salmon with a delicious cream sauce with creamy garlic butter tuscan salmon, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan!
Rich and creamy, crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inner salmon fillets. The whole family loves to make this delicious easy Salmon recipe. Creamy sauce is to die for!
After sipping your fillets, leave the juices in the pan… all the flavor is here! Melt the butter, cook your garlic until it smells – about a minute to prevent burning while allowing the garlic to leave its flavor.
If you are using wine, cook gently before adding the sun-dried tomatoes (give them time to release their taste). Add sun-dried tomato oil for more flavor!
- 4 salmon fillets, skin off (or Trout or any white fish)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (OPTIONAL) — (do not use a sweet white wine)
- 5 ounces (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained of oil
- 1 3/4 cups half and half *SEE NOTES
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, (do not include for dairy free option)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoons of water (optional)**
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets (or fish if using) on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the remaining juices leftover in the pan. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Fry the onion in the butter. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce down slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
- Add the salmon back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
*Half and half is an American product, made from equal parts light cream and milk. Feel free to use half light cream and half 2% milk (or full fat if not worried about calories and fat counts), in place of half and half.
Alternatively, use all light cream or heavy cream.
Not a traditional Tuscan recipe. Adapted from Olive Garden’s Tuscan Chicken.