This Blackened Salmon recipe is seasoned with bold spices. Makes a delicious dinner in just 15 minutes! The blend of crispy and soft textures is perfect for a divine, fast and delicious weekday dinner.
This Blackened Salmon recipe is a versatile dish that can be paired with many sides, mix perfectly for your weekday meal plan. An addictive mixture of salty, spicy and sweet spices is coated on each fish fillet, while delicious flavors and textures are added while cooking.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BLACKENED SALMON RECIPE – STEP BY STEP
While the oil is warming, sprinkle salt on the meat side of the fillets. Spread the blackened spice on a plate and season the meat side of the salmon.
When the pan and oil are ready, remove the pan from the stove. Press the salmon fillets one at a time (meat side down) into the oil in the pan. Put the pan on medium heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the salmon burns.
Turn the salmon fillets upside down and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until the skin is crispy (skin side down).
Transfer the fillets to the serving dish, sprinkle with lemon peel and water and serve immediately.
- 3 tablespoons canola or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Homemade Blackened Seasoning or store bought
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin on, bones removed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- Heat the oil (to smoking) in a cast iron or similar skillet set over medium heat.
- While the oil heats, sprinkle the flesh side of the fillets with salt. Spread the Blackened Seasoning on a plate and press the flesh-side of the salmon into the seasoning. The salmon should have a heavy coating of seasoning.
- When the skillet and oil are ready, remove the skillet from the heat. Press the salmon fillets, one-at-a-time (flesh side down) into the oil in the skillet. Set the skillet back over medium heat and cook about 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is blackened but not burned. Turn the salmon fillets over and continue cooking (skin side down) until the skin is crispy, 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer the fillets to a serving platter, sprinkle with lemon zest and juice and serve immediately.