Baked Pesto Alfredo Chicken – Alfredo style Pesto Chicken, ready in 30 minutes, also tastes low carb, KETO and gluten-free! Serve in pasta or cauliflower rice, and soon you will know that even the cake is the BEST Alfredo Chicken!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (16-ounces total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Use your favorite seasoning for chicken breasts
- 1 cup Low Carb Homemade Alfredo Sauce with Basil Pesto (You can also just use 1 cup regular Alfredo Sauce and mix in about 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto)
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Add diced bacon to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat to a desired crispiness; remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Do not drain the bacon fat.
- Set skillet back over heat and add in olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides and add to the hot oil; brown chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and, if using an oven-safe skillet, just pour the Alfredo Pesto Sauce over the chicken breasts and mix it around so every piece is covered. If using a baking dish, remove chicken from skillet and transfer to the baking dish; pour Alfredo Pesto Sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and cook for 23 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is done. Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature registers at 165˚Please use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with previously prepared bacon and chopped fresh basil.