Pecan pie is one in all our go-to pie recipes across the holidays and we’ve tinkered round through the years with all of the recipes we will give you. We’ve tried pecan pies with chocolate parts, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, white sugar and corn syrup, so we’ve had loads of alternatives to pattern and determine those we like greatest.
Which brings us to this pioneer pecan pie. Now, other than being a catchy identify typically, that’s additionally what we’ve dubbed our no-corn-syrup pecan pie. Why corn syrup turned so well-liked in pecan pies is past us – you don’t want it!
- 1 pie crust, home made or store-bought (plus further dough for adorning, non-obligatory)
- 1 half of cups brown sugar
- half of cup white sugar
- 3/four cup (1 half of sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (non-obligatory)
- Three massive eggs
- 1 half of tablespoons all-purpose flour
- half of teaspoon salt
- half of teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 half of tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, plus further for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F and roll out pie crust to a 12 or 13-inch circle, sufficiently big to suit a springform pan or tart or pie dish.
- Gently place dough in pan, urgent into the underside and sides of pan and trimming extra.
- Non-compulsory: lower out pie dough flowers or different designs to brighten crust later.
- Place pie dish in fridge till able to fill.
- In a big bowl, beat eggs till foamy and fluffy, then beat in browned butter.
- As soon as mixed, beat in brown and white sugar till sugar granules are dissolved.