These Peanut Butter Cookies are thick, chewy, and so, so tender. This recipe is a copycat of Disneyland’s peanut butter cookies, that are my all-time favourite. And these cookies are simply nearly as good as the true factor!
I don’t suppose there’s something higher than strolling down Foremost Road U.S.A. and smelling all of the scrumptious meals within the park!
Considered one of our favourite locations to get treats in Disneyland is at Pooh Nook Bakery proper by Splash Mountain. That place is a hidden gem within the park stuffed with freshly made baked items which can be completely superb.
We couldn’t cease dreaming of the bakery’s peanut butter cookies and created these Copycat Disneyland Peanut Butter Cookies which can be thick, chewy, and so tender.
HOW TO MAKE CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
The cookies at Disneyland have huge peanut butter chunks in them, however I wasn’t capable of finding any so I went with common peanut butter chips, which nonetheless turned out scrumptious!
These cookies have a evenly crisped edge however a tender and chewy inside.
Conventional peanut butter cookies have a criss-cross design on prime, however these are gently flattened with a glass after the dough is rolled in sugar to present them an unfinished edge and a dense cookie middle.
WHY ARE MY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES DRY/CRUMBLY?
Cookie dough generally is a little fickle in the case of altitude, so when you really feel like your dough is a bit too dry or crumbly you may add a bit milk till you attain your required consistency.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
In case you are making these cookies forward of time or have to retailer extras, you may retailer them in your countertop for three days in an hermetic container, or in a sealed freezer bag or container within the freezer for 1 month.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Silicone :This baking mat can flip any pan right into a nonstick floor making for straightforward clear up. It additionally offers constant warmth distribution and promotes even baking and browning to present you good cookies each time.
- Baking Sheet: I exploit these baking sheets for brownies, sheet muffins and cookies. They by no means rust and I like the rim on them to carry in batters and doughs.
Glass MixingBowl:I exploit this bowl to combine every thing. It is secure within the oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, and dishwasher.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/four cups sugar (divided)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- three eggs
- four cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/four cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- In a big bowl, cream collectively butter, peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- Add the eggs in separately, mixing nicely after every one.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt collectively. Add to combination in mixing bowl and stir till utterly mixed.
- Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Roll dough into 1 half of” balls.
- Place 1/four cup sugar right into a small bowl and roll every ball of dough within the sugar till utterly lined.
- Place rolled dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and gently press every dough ball right down to half of inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes.
- Take away cookies and permit them to chill on their cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- These cookies are very tender – you don’t need them to over bake or flip brown in any respect. They’ll proceed to set-up as they cool.